Sunday 17 June 2012

Raspberry Cheesecake Cupcake




This weekend I tried a baked cheesecake cupcake. I've never backed cheesecake before, so this was a total new experience.

It is definitely something that I want to experiment with more in the future. The taste was define, but the cheesecake texture and puffiness needs some work still.

I think the key lies in trying different basic recipes and finding the one perfect recipe that can be adapted to the different flavour profile your looking for.

I've been craving something with berries for quite a while and when I saw this recipe I just had to try it. The recipe required canned raspberries, but after the third shop that did not have any I opted for frozen berries. (Fresh berries will be best, but its winter year so had to use and alternative)

I can't wait for summer to try out more berry treats and my cocktail inspired range. I'm thinking Pina Cola, Strawberry Daiquiri, Long Island Ice Tea and my favourite Bellini - a fantastic combination of champagne and peach juice. My go to drink for a New Years party !

I'm also going to try a Bellini ice cream this summer. Mmmmmm.

It's so easy to make and I can guarantee you it's going to become one of your favourite summer time drinks. Here's a recipe for you to try!

Bellini

1/3 Cup Peach Juice
1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice 
1 Teaspoon Sugar
2/3 Cup Champagne (Or any bubbly wine you prefer) 
Sprig of Mint

Mix juices & sugar, till sugar is dissolved. Pour into a cocktail glass or champagne flute and top it with the champagne and sprig of mint.

Salute!

No comments:

Post a Comment